Title - First Frost
Series-The Frost Series Book # 1
Publication Date- June 22, 2012
Published By- Musa Publishing
Fairytales aren’t real…yeah…that’s exactly what Bianca thought. She was wrong.
For generations, the Frost family has run the Museum of Magical and Rare Artifacts, handing down guardianship from mother to daughter, always keeping their secrets to “family only.”
Gathered within museum’s walls is a collection dedicated to the Grimm fairy tales and to the rare items the family has acquired: Cinderella’s glass slipper, Snow White’s poisoned apple, the evil queen’s magic mirror, Sleeping Beauty’s enchanted spinning wheel…
Seventeen-year-old Bianca Frost wants none of it, dreaming instead of a career in art or photography or…well, anything except working in the family’s museum. She knows the items in the glass display cases are fakes because, of course, magic doesn’t really exist.
She’s about to find out how wrong she is.
Can you share your idea of the perfect soundtrack to ‘First Frost’ with us?
1. Ripchord by Rilo Kiley. Mostly because that’s where Bianca is emotionally.
2. Ballroom Blitz by The Sweet. This song definitely lets you know what kind of music Bianca likes. This would probably be her go-to song, something that will cheer her up when she’s sad or having a bad day.
3. Enchanted by Taylor Swift. This is the song I think about when I think of Bianca and Terrance together. It definitely was love at first sight and they are crazy about each other. They’re definitely in it for the long run. :)
4. Can’t Take It In by Imogen Heap. I’m pretty sure this song was playing while I was describing Everafter.
5. The Cave by Mumford & Sons.
6. 2-1 by Imogen Heap.
7. Timshel by Mumford & Sons. This song makes me think of Rose while she’s in the dungeon waiting to be rescued.
8. Little Bird by Imogen Heap. It reminds me of Old Woman, a character that appeared in the fairy tale The True Bride.
9. Thistle and Weeds by Mumford and Sons.
10. Set the Fire to the Third Bar by Snow Patrol featuring Martha Wainwright. Makes me think of Terrance and Bianca where towards the end of the book they have to say goodbye to each other.
Series- The Frost Series Book # 2
By- Liz DeJesus
Publication Date- July 19th, 2013
Published By- Musa Publishing
When joined together, Cinderella's slippers grant the wearer her heart's desire. But whose wish will be granted?
When Cinderella’s glass slipper is stolen, Queen Felicia sends her faithful steward Terrance to the real world to retrieve his love and witch-in-training, Bianca Frost. The power of the glass slipper, when paired with its mate, and in the wrong hands, could ruin the peace of Everafter. Bianca must gather every bit of magic she has learned in the past few weeks to find the slipper and protect her new love. Together, Bianca, Ming, Prince Ferdinand, and Terrance venture deep into the heart of Everafter to seek clues as to who has stolen the slipper and why. Along the way, they uncover what happened to the Seven Dwarves after Snow White married the prince, but also learn the awful risk of tampering with black magic and the high price that must be paid for magic, even when used for good.
Bianca and Terrance’s relationship is put to the test. Through the pain of suffering and loss, Bianca must determine if following her gallant boyfriend into his faraway world is in fact her heart's desire.
Can you share your idea of the perfect soundtrack to ‘Glass Frost’ with us?
1. Just Say Yes by Snow Patrol. Terrance comes back for Bianca and asks her to go back to Everafter with him. LOL All you want to do at that moment is scream ‘Say yes!’ to Bianca. :D
2. A Sorta Fairytale by Tori Amos.
3. Stolen by Dashboard Confessional.
4. I’m Shipping Up to Boston by Dropkick Murphys. Something bad happens to Bianca (can’t say....spoilers) but she learns a very harsh lesson in karma.
5. Just for Now by Imogen Heap. This is a nice song for the chapters they’re visiting the dwarves.
6. The Catalyst by Linkin Park. This was the song that actually inspired me to write Glass Frost in the first place. There’s a scene in the book where Bianca falls into a dark pit and has to find a way out.
7. Everything Has Changed by Taylor Swift. Listen to the lyrics. It’s definitely a Bianca and Terrance song.
8. Not Like the Movies by Katy Perry. This song is definitely for Rebekah aka The Frog Queen.
9. Wide Awake by Katy Perry. Bianca definitely does a lot of growing up in this book. This song fits her perfectly. :)
About the Author-
Liz DeJesus was born on the tiny island of Puerto Rico. She is a novelist and a poet. She has been writing for as long as she was capable of holding a pen. She is the author of the novel Nina (Blu Phi'er Publishing, October 2007), The Jackets (Arte Publico Press, March 31st 2011) First Frost (Musa Publishing, June 22nd 2012) and Glass Frost (Musa Publishing, COMING SOON).
She is also a member of The Written Remains Writers Guild http://www.writtenremains.org/.
Liz is currently working on a new novel.
Be sure to stop by - The Frost Series Tour Facebook Event- https://www.facebook.com/events/224535611029392/
And hit the copter for a chance to win.